
Close-up of the toe:

The sad remark was: “You administer such tender love and care when you put the sock on my foot [for sizing purposes] that I was filled with joy at how much you love me. Then I realized it was tender care for the sock.” Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Having never used the Kitchener Stitch for socks before, I will be following the directions here (at Knitty of course) for the How-To.
Had lots more pics of him modeling the cute sock, but they were blurry, so I will wait until after said sock is completely finished to post more.
I have to reiterate how much I love, love, love this olive Koigu (KPM) and my dear hubby, but I am not equally enamored of the variegated Koigu (KPPM). It’s not only because I am not a big fan of variegated yarns, but because this stuff clung to the needles like Kling-ons clinging to the Star Trek Voyager. I use Clover bamboo needles for socks, and they do have a reputation for being a bit slow/draggy because of the engraved name and needle size on each needle, but this was ridiculous. Not that I knit with any speed at all, mind you, but this was truly painful to feel and hear as the yarn barely scraped across the needles.
I’ve been thinking about Lantern Moon dps ‘cause everyone raves about ‘em, and I love the look of the ebony and rosewoods, but they seem too similar to the birch needles I already have and don’t like to use for socks. I like the flexibility of bamboo for socks because you know how you can sometimes get to the point where it seems as though the needle is going to snap in half~bamboo can take the kind of stress that other woods can’t.


































No comments:
Post a Comment