Mostly I've been busy at work. The semester is winding down, which can be stressful for everyone, students and teachers alike.
On the brighter side, stress can trigger online shopping sprees or at least sprints. I intend to finish the Fir Cone Scarf someday, maybe not soon, but at least before Christmas. I saw what I took to be a good deal at Patternworks on blocking wires and pins, and I wanted some more Koigu that I couldn't find at the LYS, so here they are for your viewing enjoyment.

Since the issue of blocking the lace will be coming up soon, and since it is officially sweater, mitten, and hat weather, I secured some Eucalan and Kookaburra to give all things knit a good cleaning or at least a good refreshing.
I couldn't resist trying out Knitpicks Gloss (70% merino wool, 30% silk), so I succumbed to the purple, gunmetal blue, and wine.

The Knitpicks yarn came nicely packed in plastic. The Koigu (a decidedly pricier yarn) from Patternworks came as is ~ naked, just plunked into the depths of the giganto long, tube-like box that held the blocking wires and extra pins. Now you may ask yourself, as I certainly did, why a vendor that deals exclusively with yarn would leave precious fiber unprotected (other than in the cardboard box) in any weather, let alone the upcoming winter weather. We've had dreary rain for two days going, and more to come.
I wonder how miffed I would have been if I came home to a soggy cardboard box sitting on my porch stoop with pools of green Koigu hand paint drizzling down the sidewalk. Harumph!!!
I have projects in mind for all of today's offerings. The only problem is what to start first. Tough decisions like this aren't for the meek of heart!


































3 comments:
I've noticed the same thing: Knitpicks treats their yarn (and, therefore, you) with respect, whereas more "upscale" vendors are often quite negligent. I'm glad the Koigu survived! The fir cone scarf is lovely, by the way -
Lovely colors of yarn you chose!
i totally feel you about the yarn packing!
Post a Comment