Entire school districts have been closed since Monday because of the frigid weather. I don't think a pre-school or K-12 district in the tri-county area has held classes this week. Some community colleges are closed. My college is not. Grrrrr!!!!
During the daytime we have bluish grey or simply grey everywhere. Sometimes the blue-grey is beautiful, not quite like in the arctic in Finland, though, but beautiful nonetheless.
Here is a shot pressed up against the windowpane from inside the house:

I don't have the courage to go outdoors other than to start the car everyday to make sure the battery doesn't die or to go to work.
Because we are freezing here, no pun intended, I had to change my wallpaper/background on this blog. I did so like the bright and colorful Christmas bulbs, especially because there are so few colors around outdoors this time of year. But baby, I need some heat!!! I figured this stunning, glowing, warm-orange is just the ticket. If I can't see the sun outside, I can at least pretend the sun is still there when I use my bloglist to read other blogs.
One of my sisters and my youngest brother are working in California. They went to Yosemite and sent some photos.

As Ansel Adams knew all too well, it's hard to beat Yosemite for stunning photo ops:

A couple of trees:

The view across a valley:

I have a couple of new projects in mind, and I tried to take a picture of some yarn in my stash during the day, but the day is so grey the yarn looks black. I used my flash, turned on the overhead lights that are as bright as old time arc lights from Hollywood, but still black.
Out to the back porch then with these babies.

I won't go outside for anything but work and the car battery, but will stand outside without a coat, hat, scarf or mittens in -12F for pictures of yarn. Good grief!!!
We haven't had much snow, maybe three or four inches of light flurries. But cold we got!!! Do you think these have the white stuff in 'em?


































No comments:
Post a Comment