Monday, December 24, 2007

Joyeux Noel ~ Mele Kalikimaka

A few days after all that snow we had a spell of warmish weather, around 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Two or three days later we had rain, and most of the significant snow was gone. But it was back again yesterday, just in time for Christmas Eve:

Don't adjust your screen/monitor ~ this was a nighttime photo.

Yesterday, my dear husband made his traditional Christmas caramels:

I, on the other hand, made my famous chocolate chip cookies:

But they are miniature in size the way he likes them:

Finished product:

I don't recommend making these bite-sized cookies because they seem to go much faster than larger ones due to their nibblet size.

We opened our presents earlier (about 10 days ago) because I don’t have the willpower to wait, so M. was quite surprised (I think) when he got to unwrap these two little items today:


Although he never mentioned this, I absolutely knew he would totally love this new iPod ~ the iPod Touch:

Under instructions from the Best Buy guys, I also got the charger:

Once he gets the thing charged, I will try to take a shot of the pod if I can get my hands on it for a minute. Little did I know, you can surf the web and read email, so I doubt he’ll ever let it out of his hands from this point forward. And yes, I made him that sweater. :-)

Earlier in the year I bought this Fleece Artist sock yarn and finally decided what I could use it for, so it seems a good time to wind it up and get it ready for some much needed knitting time:


It's a bluish teal/turquoise, and it is perfect for a bluish/teal sock named after a bluish/teal fish (you know the one); I don’t think I have enough of it for a pair of socks because I only have one skein, and the lace pattern might take up some yardage, but I'll keep my fingers crossed because I have been dying to make that pattern:

Happy Holidays to all who celebrate them this time of year.

Peace on Earth and goodwill toward all ~ Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas, and Mele Kalikimaka!!

No comments: