
Spring has been creeping about in the midst of our torrential rain. Just two days ago we had the heat on and were worried about flood warnings, but yesterday and today, we have temps in the mid-80s with sparkling blue skies. A few flowers are beginning to show their heads, though, so at least we have something to cheer us up after all that rain.
My first daffodil, or more accurately narcissus, of the season and at this house:

Hyacinths in the side yard under my battered Chinese Maple Paperbark:

The first hyacinth in the front yard:

I'm not quite sure why the side yard flowers would be slower to surface and bloom since they get the solid all-day exposure to the sun (south-west exposure) which is quite brutal in the summer, and the front flowers get the eastern exposure, which is not only brief because of the direction but brief because of the rooftop shade that occurs after noon or 1:00 p.m.
I do hope my beloved Spurs do well today. I will sorely miss them if they don't advance in the playoffs, and with Ginobili likely out for some time, I don't know how their season will fare next year. I am SICK of the Lakers and hope my guys can pull off another Finals victory.


































No comments:
Post a Comment