
I cannot begin to tell you how completely satisfied I am with the results of this project. This scarf is a Christmas present for my niece and was completed on Christmas day.
Here is my hubby in his green, red, and gold Christmas shirt (with his beautiful, long hair knotted up out of the way) holding this beauty up:

A closer look:

Even closer:

All that's left to do is weave in the two end tails and gift it, if I can!!!!
I don't think I will be able to get enough of this scarf or the yarn. They aren't kidding when they say Hand Painted Luxury Fibers! It's soft like a kitty's fur.
I had a very difficult time finding Schaefer's Anne, but when I did, I bought the two hanks that my LYS suddenly had in stock. I had tried for almost a year to order it online, to no avail. Then suddenly in early September 06 two hanks of very different colors appeared,to my great joy, in my LYS. VERY lucky me indeed!!
I HATE to give this away, but I adore my niece, so it will be a wonderful gift.
Project Details:
Yarn: Schaefer Yarn's Anne (60% Merino Wool Superwash, 25% Mohair, 15% Nylon ~ used 1 skein: 4oz/560 yards))
Needles: Addi Turbo circs, size 5 (cast on with size 8, bind off with size 11)
Pattern: Modified Fir Cone from Wendy Knits
Start: September 29
Finito: December 25
Specs: pre-block dimensions ~ 10" x 47", post soak & block ~ 16" x 62"


































No comments:
Post a Comment