Sunday, January 21, 2007

Icy Slush and Purple Beginnings

A sneak peek of something purple:

Don't worry, the craziness at the bottom is just the loose end roughly woven in to keep it out of the way.

Thanks for the comments about the mitten cuff. I want to pick it up again, but I need to make a copy of the chart so I can enlarge it. As printed, it's too small for these old eyes to read with ease.

Here's a bit of primary color, chiaroscuro, and the slushy snow we had today:

Morning temps were pretty low, which meant a bit of ice was still hanging around:

Michigan snow tends to be packing snow, good for snowballs and building snowmen, not really good for skiing. You need fluffy snow for that. Ours is often back-breakingly heavy ~ a primary reason why so many people have heart attacks each year shoveling snow. This afternoon we had a light dusting, which quickly turned slushy, and now it's freezing, so if the salt trucks don't get on the roads tonight, tomorrow's morning commute will be slow and dangerous.

No comments: