There are 52 weeks in the year, and the English alphabet has 26 letters, so over the course of one year, I am to post images bi-weekly that represent my thoughts on the corresponding letter of the alphabet. See knitorious for a better explanation of the rules and how to join.
Here are a few that I have been considering for A:
For the end of holiday celebrations, especially New Year’s parties, or the aches and pains of cold and flu season:

For more help with the aches and pains of cold and flu season and in keeping with the old bromide "An apple a day keeps the doctor away," which has nothing to do with cold or flu:

For my most favorite, but no longer engaged in, pastime, flying or airplanes:

For my family or ancestors:

So far, I am undecided ~ but am leaning towards ancestors. The two young people are my maternal grandparents on their wedding day, and the photo is at least 75 years old. The little ceramic people on the mantel are actually called *ancients,* and notice the woman has a large needle in her hand. Being the crafty person that I am, I put some wine-colored yarn through the large eye of the needle and let it dangle. In her lap is a ceramic ball of yarn and some sort of pretty Asian sewing box. The man is holding a tool for making sandals and a completed sandal (flip-flop to mainlanders) although it is impossible to tell from this picture. So I have fiber content and the letter A with this one :-)


































No comments:
Post a Comment