It certainly looks like some pooling is occurring:

Today I began the heel flap: purling through the back loops on the flap ~ what could be more annoying pleasurable than that? And what could slow you down more than p tbl over 35 stitches of heel flap on shortish needles?
Reinforcements were called for in the form of orangey chocolate:

Weird and unusual weather abounds. Twice over the past month we have had significant snow storms, between 12 inches and 3 feet each time during a 24 hour period ~ once just before Christmas, and once just before New Year’s ~ perfect timing. Each time the temperatures got very cold, 8F during the day, and each time the temps got very warm within three or four days, to around 40 or 55F during the day.
Once the high temps began, it meant that the snow melted almost as quickly as it fell a few days prior.
Today we saw temps top out almost at 56F, so our beautiful holiday snow is almost gone; plus, it is so windy, it feels more like March than the beginning of January.
My desktop Firefox weather forecaster keeps popping up severe weather warnings. Here is what I get to look forward to during the first week of classes:
Monday: Heavy rainfall and severe thunderstorms on top of snowmelt will lead to the possibility of flooding, especially streams, creeks, roadways, low-lying and poor draining areas.
Tuesday afternoon: A cold front will sweep across lower Michigan; strong winds expected to develop ahead of this front, with sustained winds of 25 to 35 MPH and gusts to 60 MPH.
Well, those winds are here. We’ll be lucky to keep the power on.
In honor of Jared's (brooklyntweed) beautiful Cobblestone Pullover in last Fall's IK, Knitting Daily is conducting a survey asking what men want in a sweater. As soon as I locate hubby, I'm going over to Knitting Daily to take said survey about knitting for men. Although I love the pullover, I doubt hubby would like it much; he doesn't like pullovers (just told me), and in his mind, the yoke detail would make his already broad and manly shoulders more broad. Too bad :-(
I think the EZ-influenced Big Blue that Jared is currently showcasing might be more his style, so I hope Jared writes that pattern up and sends it in to IK. Let's try to influence both J and IK to that end. Perhaps suggestions in the survey fill-in-the-blanks might help!


































No comments:
Post a Comment