I had taken my E shots in February, but was stalled around C and D.
Here, then, are D, E, and F.
D is for Delightfully Delicious stuff that can be had at one of our favorite restaurants near our old house:

Last week Friday, I was able to talk hubby into making the trip back to our old neighborhood to have lunch at Pronto! in Royal Oak.
Pronto is a combo catering; trendy, eclectic, yuppy restaurant; equally trendy, hip, eclectic bar in the newly revitalized city of Royal Oak.

They specialize in all kinds of wonderfully yummy goodies; their sandwiches and lunches can’t be matched; their salads are exotic; and their drink menu, while I don’t drink, is notoriously famous.
Here is a somewhat difficult to see snap of one of the dessert counters:

In honor of March Madness and the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day festivities that are sure to be hopping, check out this Martini Madness Menu, paying particular attention to the ingredients in the Caught in a Pickle drink ~ really, click to embiggen because you won't BELIEVE the ingredients:

Yep, that’s right, your eyes weren’t deceiving you ~ PICKLE JUICE!!! My ears and jaw hurt just thinking about this!!
On to my E, taken in February ~ I love the way eggs look, at least the brown organic eggs we buy.

I used to tease hubby because the first time he found these at the grocery store, he came home all excited, proclaiming his luck in finding eggs from “vegetarian-fed” chickens. Now, let’s think about this. Which chickens do you know that are at the top of the food chain, chowing down hunks of meat? Isn’t this absurd ~ vegetarian chickens? Yet with the industrialization of farming and livestock in this country, well, don’t get me started.

Like most knitters, I love shapes, textures, shadow — light (chiaroscuro), and color, and I find the shapes, textures, and color of these eggs to be quite splendid, not to mention the idea of their exquisite architecture and strength. You should click on these to embiggen to really enjoy them.

I also find groups of them to be quite sensual:

I think all art students would be well-served to draw and photograph eggs:

Finally, here is F, my second favorite food next to chocolate. It could only be French Toast from Big Boy’s Restaurant:

YUMMMM!!!!!!!! I sure am hungry just thinking about it!!
I have to check, but I sure hope I am now caught up in the letter sequence. Whew!


































No comments:
Post a Comment