
We have almost 36 inches piled up next to the driveway:

More snow is on the way today, Monday, and Wednesday. Yeeesh! Here it comes:

It is so absolutely beautiful out right now, large, fluffy snow, lots of snow already, which always makes for such a wonderful sound buffer; although it is 4:54 a.m., lots of Christmas lights are still on, and the street lights make the snow look beautiful. I wish my flash had some power or that I could hold my camera still enough to get a decent landscape shot without having to dig my tripod out. Still. It is lovely. Take my word for it.
The good news is I finished my cowl ~ just in time:

Project Specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss ~ 70% merino wool, 30% silk (220 yards/50 gr), in Concord Grape (left over from DH's binary hat that used about six rounds of Grape, very close to one full skein)
Needles: size 4 Inox circs (16”) (cast-on with size 10 for elastic fit)
Pattern: Poinsettia by Anne Hanson of Knitspot (free on Winter 2008 Knitty)
I was so SURE I would run out of yarn that I didn't knit the last round, but it still worked out fine. Yum!!


































No comments:
Post a Comment