Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Breather

When there has been no knitting, there cannot be blogging about knitting. Such is my life. Finally, though, there is a mild break in the heavy workload as Spring Break is here. Thank goodness!!! We have all been pushed to the breaking point with committee work and heavy teaching loads. During my so-called break I will be creating a new online late-start course that begins immediately after the break, so I still have a TON of work this week. Ugh. The main reason the course has been delayed is because I still do not have the textbook from the pub rep. UNBELIEVABLE, but true, especially unbelievable since the order for said text was placed last year at the beginning of the fall semester. But you don't care about that, and I don't want my blood pressure to elevate, so let's move on.

I at least have this giftee ~ an extra set of sock DPNs, three nice new knitting books that I've coveted, some for many years (Modern Lace Knitting, Selbuvotter, Knitting on the Road), and a set of four cloisonne row counters. Yum.

You can't really see the row counters sitting on the red lace knitting book, so here they are below:

Tonight I am going to finally get some knitting time in during Office and 30 Rock. Eghads!! I am definitely hoping to finish up the scarf I haven't touched in weeks and get it blocked before the end of the break. I brought home my office knitting, the Knitpicks socks that haven't seen a row of progress in almost five months. Good grief!!! The weather has been flirting with a warming up period, heavy thunderstorms and very violent winds ~ up to 52 miles per hour on Tuesday night. Yikes!!! Today it is around 27F daytime, should be a lot colder tonight, but the weatherman promises warmer weather for the weekend, so that will be nice. It snowed again this afternoon ~ lots of large, pretty flakes tossed around by blustery wind. The amount of snow and rain thus far has been extraordinary. I think it's been enough to replenish the lakes, thank goodness, but I feel bad for those folks in low-lying areas because we have had a LOT of flooding, and many of the rivers have yet to crest, so some are still going to see some flood damage later this weekend.

No comments: