Monday, March 02, 2009

Photo Essay

On January 2 of this year (2009), I received this box and its yummy goodies in the mail. What a way to start off the New Year!!! I am doing extraordinarily good keeping up my pledge to knit from my stash. My "free" thing is sock/lace-weight yarn for socks and lace knitting. After all, in the Midwest, one needs lots of wool socks. The yarn in this shopping splurge go to gifts, though ~ my promise to start Christmas 2009 knitting early and to knit for a few more people than I usually do (usually only hubby and one of my nieces), and the yarn is sock/lace weight, so I haven't broken my annual commitment to knit from my stash. At least not this year. Yet.

The yarn on the left in the white wrapping/tissue paper is the Aegean colorway in Fleece Artist (from The Loopy Ewe, of course) that I am using to make Anne Hanson's Rivolo scarf. This will be a gift for one of my sisters who lives up here near me and fights the winter weather, too (the other two live in Florida and have no need of woolies). So far, my progress on it has been excellent. Given any small amount of knitting time, I'll have it completed, even blocked, by the end of this month. I have 24 gr left to knit up, maybe another 10 - 12 inches.

But, I have been really thinking about the Forest (green colorway) you see there in the middle that will be turned into a pair of socks. That color is really, really calling to me, mainly because I knit my niece's fir cone scarf in a Schaeffer Ann colorway that is very close to the Fleece Artist Aegean, and my Pomatomus socks were in Aegean. I am pretty bored with that color by now, knitting it three years in a row. I'm ready to move on to greener pastures. Ha! "greener pastures."



No comments: