Friday, October 23, 2009

Socks

After many starts and stops, I've finally decided my socktoberfest sock will be a vanilla sock with picot cuff. I don't think I've ever made a vanilla sock before, so maybe this is a first in and of itself.

Yesterday I tried to take a picture of a sock-in-progress, but the complete lack of decent sun prevented my point-and-shoot from capturing a good shot inside or out. While I posed said sock in a variety of outdoor locations, experimented with settings, flash, etc., not one shot came out even halfway decent. Ah well. Here she is mounted in my stunningly beautiful Chinese Paperbark Maple. It's quite impossible to capture that beauty, especially when the color of the leaves seem almost like liquid rust.

The colors in the leaves and sock seem to match a bit, don't they? In real life, or at least with my eyes, they don't really, but red is that impossible to photograph color, isn't it?
As is always the case, I spent the one, final nice day of Indian summer elsewhere: evaluating a colleague's class. No sun for me or my projects. Instead, yesterday was overcast, and today it has rained all day, complete with dreary grey skies. Bleh.

1 comment:

Lorette said...

Oooh, my favorite kind of socks: plain vanilla with a picot cuff! I love the colors!