
I have to admit, I am very tired of these absurd weather trends, cold ~ 20s to 30F, snow, warm ~ 50F, rain, freezing cold ~ teens or below, ice, more snow, subzero ~ arctic cold with heavy wind between 25 to 50 MPH ~ and this all in the course of one week!
Last Monday we had another warm-up and most of the snow melted.

By Wednesday, we had snow before dawn and early morning, a brief warm-up with some rain that eliminated most of the snow by early afternoon, only to get a drastic drop in temperature and heavy snowfall, up to seven inches by 6:00 p.m.

We ended up with over a foot by the end of the day (midnight) with high winds, arctic air, and dangerous conditions everywhere ~ apartment complex carports caving under the weight of the snow, spinouts, accidents, you name it.
Now we are back to subzero temps during the day (four below zero F):

And subzero temps at night (six below zero F):

Yes, I used the flash, but I think the cold affected the camera.
The weather guys tell us the windchill is even more frightening:

Yes, those are all minus signs, -12F, -22F).
I have a pair of cotton socks under a pair of wool socks (knitted by moi) under my ever so toasty, wooly, and warm Christmas slippers from L. L. Bean.
What next, a fourth layer?!!


































No comments:
Post a Comment