
We are supposed to have superb weather over the weekend, and if this morning’s sky is any indication, we will. The weather is incredibly balmy, sunny, a mild 23F and not a cloud for miles. SPLENDID!!!
I stayed up all night to finish one of the Pomatomus socks, the one knit with two different sized needles.

I just finished Kitchenering the toe, and I took this opportunity to take pics of it next to the first sock knit completely on size threes. Notice the slight, yet definite difference in size.

The extra width in the foot makes for one baggy sock, and the downsizing didn’t really remedy the issue as much as I hoped.

While I love the pattern and the soft, sproingy yarn, I am not sure I am enamored of the toe, which is pretty pointy for my needs and my feet.

You may recall my toes have a barely discernable curve to them; they are rather like the Flinstones’s feet, fairly straight across the top. Not completely straight, mind you, but pretty much just ever-so-slightly tapering down to the little piggy.
I am going to frog the first sock all the way down to the point where the heel flap begins. Do I have it in me to change the toe shaping to a more round shape, which will mean frogging some of the finished sock, too?
I gotta tell ya, I’m not too thrilled with that idea. Frogging one sock back to the heel is ditching more than half the work on that sock. And while I have seen lots of folks frog entire sweaters, even as much as an entire Hanne Falkenberg sweater, they are certainly stouter women and men than me.
I simply don’t think I have it in me to frog so much and continue on with the project. I have certainly frogged my share of projects, this pair of socks included. But all the way down to the nub is something else entirely.
Well, I have to frog some this weekend, but the next time I talk about these petulant little creatures, they will be finished. So maybe more news about them in another month, right when the weather turns warmer.
Here's the $64,000 question: what are the chances I'll be tired of knitting socks by the time Sock Madness 2 begins?


































No comments:
Post a Comment